SERVPRO Values Your Time
We don't stop until our job is done.
Call SERVPRO® of Brookhaven, McComb & Columbia when you need it done right and done fast. Did you know when you hire us for your damage restoration needs, we work around your schedule and strive to get your business up & running ASAP? Quality cleaning and quick response - that is the SERVPRO® way. Can't figure out how to get the job done? We're here for you during your emergency restoration needs. When you experience a fire, water or mold damage in your home or facility, you need fast response and the expertise to get the job done right, ensuring you can get back into operation as quickly as possible. Through it all, you expect the most reliable information and the very best service at a fair price. We are here for you.
Crawl Space Service
Preparation is the Key. There is no homeowner that can be too prepared, especially those who purchase new homes. It is so important to pay attention to new homes, because even the slightest problems give water access to unprotected materials used during construction.
SERVPRO® of Brookhaven, McComb & Columbia can get confused for just a carpet cleaning service, but we are so much more. We offer a variety of services to help dry your entire home, including crawl spaces and other hard to reach areas.
Depending on the foundation of your home, more than likely when you open your crawl space access, you'll find a dirt floor underneath. You may also find puddles of standing water, bugs, rodents, and little to no ventilation.
At SERVPRO®, we can provide you with crawl space encapsulation services. Our professional services involve the use of recent technology to separate the crawl space from the ground using a high-quality vapor barrier; this creates an additional layer that protects your home from outdoor elements.
Our highly trained technicians perform a full inspection to determine the state of your crawl space before doing anything else. This involves locating and repairing any possible water problems that exist, along with cleaning, mold, and pest remediation services before encapsulating, to help avoid leaving vermin or fungi behind that can destroy the seal around the barrier we create.
SERVPRO® of Brookhaven, McComb & Columbia can fully encapsulate your crawl space and install high-quality dehumidifiers to help regulate the temperature that exists, this often reduces foundation cracks, interior drywall cracks, developing uneven floors and produces great results your family can enjoy.
Contact SERVPRO® of Brookhaven, McComb & Columbia for additional information or to obtain the services you need today.
Get Ahead of Fire Damage
What To Do?
If you receive a call from a client today with a fire loss, what would you do?
You have a fire loss on one of your properties OR you have a fire at your own personal property?
Here is some helpful information that might help you be prepared.
Fire claims spike during the months of November - February.
On average, Fire causes over $12.4 billion in property damage annually.
Top 5 Causes of Fire loss:
- Cooking equipment
- Heating equipment
- Electrical distribution & lighting equipment
- Smoking materials
What to do after the fire is out:
You need a Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration company like SERVPRO of Brookhaven, McComb & Columbia.
One Stop Shop
Our services also include:
Many times, the home or building must be secured immediately BEFORE anything else.
After the restoration process has been completed, our in-house reconstruction team can help with structural construction.
Fire Damage? Call SERVPRO of Brookhaven, McComb & Columbia (601) 823-1100
Fire Prevention Week: Fire Aftermath
After a Fire
A fire damage can be more involved than you may realize. Smoky residue saturates every opening because of the convection pattern that flames typically form during ignition. The soot constructs up in layers that may end up being solidified and tough to eliminate which is another reason to leave the cleaning to a specialist.
When the cleaning teams arrive, they promptly different salvageable items from charred debris, taking the things creating the strongest odors out for cleaning.
Following a fire, wall surface areas can be harmed by soot. Non-water based cleaners need to be used to remove soot from walls. These kinds of chemicals should be handled by a specialist due to the fumes and toxicity. Water-based cleaning items can cause spots to bleed into plaster walls, which is why a trained specialist should be left to deal with these chemicals.
"What could possibly happen if I do it myself?"
A professional restoration team reduces the after-effects a blaze can have on the health of those who return in. If a homeowner does not have the property restored by a professional, the results can be found later on down the line. To an untrained eye, they might believe the issue has been fixed. Homeowners who do it themselves may experience the remaining impacts of indoor air pollution for numerous months later on, which could also form an increased respiratory discomfort.
We are trained to help remove your belongings as well as cleaning and storing them until your property has been restored to its original condition. We want to save as much as possible.
"Like it never even happened."
Fire Prevention Week: Businesses
Commercial Fire Damage Tips
At SERVPRO of Brookhaven, McComb & Columbia, we take fire damages seriously. Fire losses account for approximately $2.3 billion in commercial and industrial direct property loss each year. At times you can have large-loss fires that affect buildings such as apartments, facilities, and places people work. These types of losses affect multiple lives. It can take a lot of effort on everyone's part to provide support.
Property Owner Tips
- Make sure everyone is safe and away from the property. Safety is the number one concern.
- Get the community involved in helping families or workers that may be affected
- Bring your adjuster in early to help manage things such as photos, mitigation, documenting anything they need to.
- Analyze your policy, including all clauses, additions, extensions, and exclusions.
- Bring in experts to check out the damages
- Communication is key. Everyone should stay in good contact to get the job done as smoothly as possible.
- Know that the process can be long and require a lot of patience.
We hope you never need these expert services but if you do, call us at (601) 823-1100 or send us a message through Facebook.
Fire Prevention Week
“Every Second Counts: Plan 2 Ways Out!”
Seconds Count Seconds can mean the difference between residents of our community escaping safely from a fire or having their lives end in tragedy. That’s why our theme for Fire Prevention Week is: “Every Second Counts: Plan 2 Ways Out!” Everyone needs to have an escape plan. This year we'd like to challenge you, if you haven't done so already, to draw a map of your home with all members of your household, marking two exits from each room and a path to the outside from each exit. Practice your home fire drill twice a year. Conduct one at night and one during the day with everyone in your home, and practice using different ways out. Teach children how to escape on their own in case you can’t help them. Make sure the number of your home is clearly marked and easy for the fire department to find. Close doors behind you as you leave – this may slow the spread of smoke, heat, and fire. Once you get outside, stay outside. Never go back inside a burning building. Have you contacted your local fire department? See how you can get involved with them and your community to prevent house fires. Sometimes they will have events or give out smoke detectors for your home. Don't think this could never happen to you because it easily could. We don't have control over everything in our homes! We understand that, and SERVPRO of Brookhaven, McComb & Columbia is faster to any size disaster!
Bonfire Tips: Fall Fire Safety
Here in Brookhaven, MS its a tradition to enjoy the cooler nights outside around a homemade fire pit! Many of us are looking forward to spending time gathering around them to enjoy time with family and friends. Before you start dreaming of moonlit nights and toasted marshmallows, take a moment to check out some of these tips from Allstate to remember.
Backyard Fire Pit Safety Tips:
- Whether you prefer a built-in or portable fire pit, choose one that is not too large for the area. The pit should be a minimum of 10 feet away from any structures or combustible materials as well as away from trees, fences, sheds, power lines, and telephone wires.
- Make sure that the seating area is large enough and properly placed for comfort and ventilation.
- Check wind direction before lighting a fire.
- Don’t use flammable fluids (gasoline, lighter fluid, etc.) to light or relight fires.
- To start the fire, use a lighter to ignite crumpled pieces of paper covered with small sticks. Then, add larger sticks and a log or two to keep it burning.
- Burn only dry material. Damp material will create excess smoke.
- Don’t wear flammable clothing (like nylon) or any loose-fitting clothing.
- Never leave the fire unattended, and keep pets and children far away from the fire as they will be attracted to it.
- Keep a fire extinguisher, garden hose, or bucket of water nearby.
- As the fire dies down, use a shovel and spread out the ashes to allow them to cool down. Then slowly pour water over those ashes and watch them closely to be sure that no burning embers remain or reignite. Put the cooled ashes in a specially designated ash storage metal can.
Power Outage Tips
Power Outage Effects
- Disrupt communications, water, and transportation.
- Close retail businesses, grocery stores, gas stations, ATMs, banks, and other services.
- Cause food spoilage and water contamination.
- Prevent use of medical devices.
- Keep freezers and refrigerators closed. The refrigerator will keep food cold for about four hours. A full freezer will keep the temperature for about 48 hours. Use coolers with ice if necessary. Monitor temperatures with a thermometer.
- Have alternate plans for refrigerating medicines or using power-dependent medical devices.
- Maintain food supplies that do not require refrigeration.
- Avoid carbon monoxide poisoning. Generators, camp stoves, or charcoal grills should always be used outdoors and at least 20 feet away from windows. Never use a gas stovetop or oven to heat your home.
- Do not use a gas stove to heat your home.
- Check on your neighbors. Older adults and young children are especially vulnerable to extreme temperatures.
- If safe, go to a community location with power if heat or cold is extreme.
- Turn off or disconnect appliances, equipment, or electronics. Power may return with momentary “surges” or “spikes” that can cause damage.
Be Safe AFTER
- When in doubt, throw it out! Throw away any food that has been exposed to temperatures 40 degrees or higher for two hours or more, or that has an unusual odor, color, or texture.
- If the power is out for more than a day, discard any medication that should be refrigerated, unless the drug’s label says otherwise. If a life depends on the refrigerated drugs, consult a doctor or pharmacist and use medicine only until a new supply is available.
Your friends here at SERVPRO of Brookhaven, McComb & Columbia wants you to be prepared for this hurricane season. Power outages can be costly, but hopefully these tips will help prepare and instruct you during unpredictable situations.
SERVPRO Values Your Time
Call SERVPRO of Brookhaven, McComb & Columbia when you need it done right and done fast. Did you know when you hire us for your damage restoration needs, we work around your schedule and strive to get your business up & running ASAP? Quality cleaning and quick response - that is the SERVPRO way. Can't figure out how to get the job done? We're here for you during your emergency restoration needs. When you experience a fire, water or mold damage in your home or facility, you need fast response and the expertise to get the job done right, ensuring you can get back into operation as quickly as possible. Through it all, you expect the most reliable information and the very best service at a fair price. We are here for you.
Thorough Disinfectants and Deep Cleaning
One of our products SERVPROXIDETM is our proprietary hospital-grade disinfectant registered with the EPA. It is a stabilized chlorine dioxide-based antimicrobial which carries the EPA’s lowest toxicity rating. The product itself doesn’t carry any fragrances other than a mild cleaning odor which dissipates quickly making it a great product for people with chemical or odor sensitivities. There are many different applications for SERVPROXIDETM. It can eliminate odors through disinfecting and oxidation rather than just covering them up. That can be done by applying the product directly with towels or through misting or spraying which is often used when we clean HVAC systems. It has even been utilized in electrostatic spraying for an even application on surfaces inside buildings. In fact, SERVPROXIDETM is the disinfectant we have used when we have been asked to clean and disinfect COVID-19 in homes and businesses here in Brookhaven, McComb or Columbia areas. The CDC recommends the usage of a labeled hospital-grade disinfectant with claims against similar types of organisms to COVID-19 and SERVPROXIDE has EPA-approved claims against things like Feline coronavirus, Canine coronavirus, staphylococcus, E.coli, Salmonella, Rotavirus, and Swine flu. When you use SERVPRO, you can have rest at ease knowing that our team is using hospital-grade disinfectant registered with the EPA. Our chemists are even able to advise us in unorthodox situations to utilize our suite of cleaning products to clean and deodorize even the strongest and strangest combination of smells and soils.